Mushroom-Stuffed Pasta Shells
This easy baked pasta makes a delicious change from lasagna. Try it with a combination of mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake and oyster. And add extra hot chili flakes if desired.
30 jumbo pasta shells
1 Tbsp. olive oil
12 oz. mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp. hot chili flakes
¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 cups Nordica® cottage cheese
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups tomato pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well and place on damp tea towel.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and mushrooms are golden.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. parsley. Mix together cottage cheese, half of the parmesan, eggs and remaining parsley. Stir in mushrooms until well combined.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce into 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish. Spoon filling into shells and arrange in baking dish, stuffed side up. Spoon remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for 20 minutes or until filling is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.